Saturday, February 25, 2012

Call ALTER LOGIN

I am trying to create a stored procedure to Call ALTER LOGIN based on the the username passed in. However, the Alter login statement chokes on any parameter. Is there a way I can alter sql logins from a web form ?

I try the following and it bombs

ALTER

LOGIN @.LoginNameWITH PASSWORD= @.Password

But this works

ALTER LOGIN 'TestUser' WITH PASSWORD = '123test'

I guess the alter login statement does not work with Parameters.

Any thoughts ?

EXEC('ALTER LOGIN ' + @.loginName + ' WITH PASSWORD= ' + @.Passrowd)

|||

I get an error when I set the password. Should I add double quotes to the password ?

|||

yes you are right. You need to escape the quotes..Sorry about that.

EXEC('ALTER LOGIN ' + @.loginName + ' WITH PASSWORD= ''' + @.Passrowd + '''')

|||Perfect Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment