Friday, February 24, 2012

Calculations in Database

I have a procedure that is performing a calculation and returning a amount, how do I store or save that amount and use it in different procedure to perform another calculationYou can simply store the value in a temporatry table.|||

Quote:

Originally Posted by debasisdas

You can simply store the value in a temporatry table.


how does one create a temporary table|||Hi,

maybe I am not understanding this but I would ask why you want to save a derived value - why not just call the first calculation procedure from the second then your data is guaranteed to be an acurate reflection of what is on the database at the time of the query..

Just my thoughts..

Regards Purple|||Yes that will be a better option.|||Thank you all, it worked out perfectly. I tried Purples advice and it was exactly what was needed. Thanks again|||Hi hopechirume,

I am pleased we were able to assist - look forward to seeing you around again soon.

Regards Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment