Friday, February 24, 2012

Calendar object for parameters

Hi,
I've some searching around this group but haven't found any good
answers on my question. There isn't an out of the box way of
attaching a calendar object to let's say a startdate parameter on a
report. I was reading you could accomplish this through the use of an
active x object. Has anyone attempted this? If not does anyone have
any idea of how it would be accomplished?You'd have to write a custom ASP.NET app with the calendar control and the
report in it, and pass the dates as parameters to the report.
--
Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"cordata5" <cordata5@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b4f86058.0409301358.12c0ce47@.posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> I've some searching around this group but haven't found any good
> answers on my question. There isn't an out of the box way of
> attaching a calendar object to let's say a startdate parameter on a
> report. I was reading you could accomplish this through the use of an
> active x object. Has anyone attempted this? If not does anyone have
> any idea of how it would be accomplished?|||I can't seem to get this to work.
In Report Manager I go to the folder I want and upload my aspx parameter
page with the calendars on it. The calendars do not show. Is the bin folder
needed? Where would I put it?
"Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)" wrote:
> You'd have to write a custom ASP.NET app with the calendar control and the
> report in it, and pass the dates as parameters to the report.
> --
> Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
> SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "cordata5" <cordata5@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:b4f86058.0409301358.12c0ce47@.posting.google.com...
> > Hi,
> > I've some searching around this group but haven't found any good
> > answers on my question. There isn't an out of the box way of
> > attaching a calendar object to let's say a startdate parameter on a
> > report. I was reading you could accomplish this through the use of an
> > active x object. Has anyone attempted this? If not does anyone have
> > any idea of how it would be accomplished?
>
>|||You should create your own web site. Do not mix your in with Reporting
Services, that is asking for trouble. Note that you also then need to
integrate with RS using either URL integration or webservices.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"BrianW" <BrianW@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D4AA33F6-E6CB-4806-8286-DD2C876B4F31@.microsoft.com...
> I can't seem to get this to work.
> In Report Manager I go to the folder I want and upload my aspx parameter
> page with the calendars on it. The calendars do not show. Is the bin
folder
> needed? Where would I put it?
> "Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)" wrote:
> > You'd have to write a custom ASP.NET app with the calendar control and
the
> > report in it, and pass the dates as parameters to the report.
> >
> > --
> > Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
> > SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> > "cordata5" <cordata5@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:b4f86058.0409301358.12c0ce47@.posting.google.com...
> > > Hi,
> > > I've some searching around this group but haven't found any good
> > > answers on my question. There isn't an out of the box way of
> > > attaching a calendar object to let's say a startdate parameter on a
> > > report. I was reading you could accomplish this through the use of an
> > > active x object. Has anyone attempted this? If not does anyone have
> > > any idea of how it would be accomplished?
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment