Friday, February 24, 2012

calendar control for parameters in SQL 2000 Reporting?

As the subject says, I'd like to know if calendar controls are available for
reporting creating using VS2003 running on SQL 2000 (for internal reasons we
cannot upgrade to SQL 2005 for some time)No. You need RS 2005. Note that you can go to RS 2005 without upgrading your
database to SQL 2000. You need a SQL Server 2005 license but you can keep
your database at 2000 and just upgrade RS to RS 2005. I did this (although I
have since upgrade the db) and it works and is fully supported.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"KBlount" <KBlount@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B87C7B57-AF42-4C88-B762-69F3522F20FB@.microsoft.com...
> As the subject says, I'd like to know if calendar controls are available
> for
> reporting creating using VS2003 running on SQL 2000 (for internal reasons
> we
> cannot upgrade to SQL 2005 for some time)|||Thanks for the response Bruce. I'm currently investigating using .NET
calendar controls and integrating them with SSRS 2000 - we'll see how hairy
that gets! heh
Thanks for the info about being able to use RS 2005 on SQL 2000. I'll pass
on your post to my IT team and let them investigate that further. It would be
so convenient to simply change a paramter type to DateTime ;)
Cheers
Kevin
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> No. You need RS 2005. Note that you can go to RS 2005 without upgrading your
> database to SQL 2000. You need a SQL Server 2005 license but you can keep
> your database at 2000 and just upgrade RS to RS 2005. I did this (although I
> have since upgrade the db) and it works and is fully supported.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>
> "KBlount" <KBlount@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B87C7B57-AF42-4C88-B762-69F3522F20FB@.microsoft.com...
> > As the subject says, I'd like to know if calendar controls are available
> > for
> > reporting creating using VS2003 running on SQL 2000 (for internal reasons
> > we
> > cannot upgrade to SQL 2005 for some time)
>
>|||For further ammunition. RS 2005 has end user sorting, renders to pdf and
excel much better (I used to regularly have my server lock up and that does
not happen anymore). It also has multi-select parameters.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"KBlount" <KBlount@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2C79A69D-226E-4D64-BF0A-20AE98D76FFE@.microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the response Bruce. I'm currently investigating using .NET
> calendar controls and integrating them with SSRS 2000 - we'll see how
> hairy
> that gets! heh
> Thanks for the info about being able to use RS 2005 on SQL 2000. I'll pass
> on your post to my IT team and let them investigate that further. It would
> be
> so convenient to simply change a paramter type to DateTime ;)
> Cheers
> Kevin
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> No. You need RS 2005. Note that you can go to RS 2005 without upgrading
>> your
>> database to SQL 2000. You need a SQL Server 2005 license but you can keep
>> your database at 2000 and just upgrade RS to RS 2005. I did this
>> (although I
>> have since upgrade the db) and it works and is fully supported.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>>
>> "KBlount" <KBlount@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:B87C7B57-AF42-4C88-B762-69F3522F20FB@.microsoft.com...
>> > As the subject says, I'd like to know if calendar controls are
>> > available
>> > for
>> > reporting creating using VS2003 running on SQL 2000 (for internal
>> > reasons
>> > we
>> > cannot upgrade to SQL 2005 for some time)
>>|||Thanks for the extra info, Bruce.
I attended (and passed: 88%! hehe wooo) the LearningTree "SQL Server
Reporting Services: Hands-On" course this time last year, and naturally I've
not had a project to use what I learned since.. until now. Now that you've
mention those other benefits, especially the multi-select parameter, I can
definitely see a need for the upgrade, rather than just a :wouldn't it be
nice".. the email to my IT team was sent earlier today... time will tell.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> For further ammunition. RS 2005 has end user sorting, renders to pdf and
> excel much better (I used to regularly have my server lock up and that does
> not happen anymore). It also has multi-select parameters.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "KBlount" <KBlount@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2C79A69D-226E-4D64-BF0A-20AE98D76FFE@.microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the response Bruce. I'm currently investigating using .NET
> > calendar controls and integrating them with SSRS 2000 - we'll see how
> > hairy
> > that gets! heh
> >
> > Thanks for the info about being able to use RS 2005 on SQL 2000. I'll pass
> > on your post to my IT team and let them investigate that further. It would
> > be
> > so convenient to simply change a paramter type to DateTime ;)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> No. You need RS 2005. Note that you can go to RS 2005 without upgrading
> >> your
> >> database to SQL 2000. You need a SQL Server 2005 license but you can keep
> >> your database at 2000 and just upgrade RS to RS 2005. I did this
> >> (although I
> >> have since upgrade the db) and it works and is fully supported.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> >> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >>
> >>
> >> "KBlount" <KBlount@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:B87C7B57-AF42-4C88-B762-69F3522F20FB@.microsoft.com...
> >> > As the subject says, I'd like to know if calendar controls are
> >> > available
> >> > for
> >> > reporting creating using VS2003 running on SQL 2000 (for internal
> >> > reasons
> >> > we
> >> > cannot upgrade to SQL 2005 for some time)
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment