Tuesday, March 27, 2012

calling stored procedure

hey all

I am very new to stored procedures and would like some clarification please

I have a stored procedure written by someone else

I generally use SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio front

I am designing a report and have called this sp

exec GetTicketsSnapshot (being the name of sp)

1 window only is populated? with half a result set

if I run this in sql Server Management Studio it populates 3 resultsets which is what I would expect to see

can someone explain?

thanks

I'm assuming the Dataset is correct...The 'Command Type' should be 'StoredProcedure' and the Query string should be only the name of the stored procedure. So your Query string should be: GetTicketsSnapshot

The stored proceduremust only returnone result set.

No comments:

Post a Comment