Sunday, March 25, 2012

Calling SQL Rreporting Services

Hi guys,
I have reports that are pre-configured on a remote MS Reporting Server
(MSRS 2005). There is also a subscription that a group of subscribers
subscribes to so they can get the reports in question. I know that I
can schedule a report/group of reports to be delivered @. a certain
time, but what I really want to do is initiate the delivery (email in
this case) from an outside application. So my question is:
Is there any API call that I can use to do that (via RS WebService
perhaps?) and what is the [web]method that I need to call to do so?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Thanks,
G.Hi,
Ys can be done. On SSRS help just search for
"ReportingService2005.CreateDataDrivenSubscription Method"
you can see some example written in c# as well. good one. I think this will
be suitable for your requirement.
Amarnath
"vajarov" wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have reports that are pre-configured on a remote MS Reporting Server
> (MSRS 2005). There is also a subscription that a group of subscribers
> subscribes to so they can get the reports in question. I know that I
> can schedule a report/group of reports to be delivered @. a certain
> time, but what I really want to do is initiate the delivery (email in
> this case) from an outside application. So my question is:
> Is there any API call that I can use to do that (via RS WebService
> perhaps?) and what is the [web]method that I need to call to do so?
> Any help is greatly appreciated...
> Thanks,
> G.
>|||Thanks a lot! This is what I needed.
G.|||Here is the actual link :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/microsoft.wssux.reportingserviceswebservice.rsmanagementservice2005.reportingservice2005.createdatadrivensubscription.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment