Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Calling SSIS from VB Script

I encountered a problem during migration from DTS to SSIS.
We use a VB Script which create a DTS package, then load it from the database using loadFromSQlServer Method.
DTS moves to SSIS,, hence I need to change code to call this SSIS, but i did not find the objet corresponding to "dts.package2" in SQL Server 2K5.
Can anybody help me?
Thank's in advance.
Following the code to be changed:
Set dtspkg = CreateObejct("dts.package2")
dtspkg.loadFromSqlServer ....
Hi,
since my previous post i got some stange result.
I am now able to load the entry point object for SSIS execution. I got the application object using the folling cline of code:
set app = createObject("MSDTS.Application")
From this objet i now try to load a package (stored as file):
set pkg = app.loadPackage("c:\temp\TaskTest.dtsx", false, nothing)
And the problems begins:
- When i display theGUIDVersion of the object, it does not correspond to any object registered into my registry.
- Several methods/members/properties are not accessible through the object (i need to access to Executables property in order to excecute SSIS task).
Does anybody encounters these problems or has any idea to help me?
Thank's in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment