Sunday, March 25, 2012

Calling report from other machine (without domain)

Hi:
I have an stand alone win2k Advanced Server (without domain).
I created a folder (rpp) an I upload all my rdl reports.

Now I can see all reports in my server but I can′t see them in other machines
IE show me a message asking for a user, password an domain but I′ve not domain in my server.
Sorry, but It′s my first time using reporting service and IIS at the same time.

Thanks

ja

first you go to ReportManager and you assigment role to users.

And you calling other server s report on network

for example : \\192.168.1.1\ReportServer

|||

I did that but in other workstations on network IE promt me for user password and domain.

|||

but i did on workstation in Windows XP.

and not see promt.i think problem is in IIS.

i think checking IIS Web Site properties and checking Authentication Mode settings.( Anonymous acces )

|||

Before allowing anonymous access weight the security implications of this - all users will be treated as the anonymous user so you will not be able to set different security on items in the report server based on who is accessing the item. Anonymous is not recommended.

Rather your solution should be to create a local user on your Windows 2000 Server computer and log in with that user at the login prompt. As an administrator on the Windows 2000 Server computer, you will need to grant this windows users rights to view reports by assigning them one or more roles. These can be found on the security tab under properties for the item, either in Report Manager or in Management Studio if you're using SQL Server 2005.

Hope that helps,

-Lukasz


This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


|||

Can you (or anyone) go into a little more detail on the line: Rather your solution should be to create a local user on your Windows 2000 Server computer and log in with that user at the login prompt.

By "log in" do you mean the report user enters username/pwd manually or can this be arranged automatically?

Thank you.

|||

Yes - this either happens automatically or you have to turn on Basic Authentication on your report manager/server virtual directory, but you'll get a standard prompt in IE and you can specify your credentials. You'll then be a windows user from the viewpoint of report server.

-Lukasz

No comments:

Post a Comment