Sunday, March 25, 2012

Calling SP on linked server inside job

I'm trying to call a SP that is an object on a linked server (server B)
from within a job step on a job on server A. The job appears to start
running, but then neither fails nor succeeds. The procedure never
executes b/c when I check the results, they aren't there. When I run
the same statement from isqlw, it succeeds. When I try to view any
errors on the job history there are none - There is no job history to
view from the job. My syntax from inside the job is below....any
ideas?
EXEC [linkedserver].[database].[dbo].usp_storedprocedureDidn't want it to fall to far - anyone have ideas?|||Anyone?
unc27932@.yahoo.com wrote:
> Didn't want it to fall to far - anyone have ideas?|||Try running a trace when you execute the job to help narrow
down what the problems may be.
-Sue
On 8 Aug 2005 06:34:41 -0700, unc27932@.yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm trying to call a SP that is an object on a linked server (server B)
>from within a job step on a job on server A. The job appears to start
>running, but then neither fails nor succeeds. The procedure never
>executes b/c when I check the results, they aren't there. When I run
>the same statement from isqlw, it succeeds. When I try to view any
>errors on the job history there are none - There is no job history to
>view from the job. My syntax from inside the job is below....any
>ideas?
>EXEC [linkedserver].[database].[dbo].usp_storedprocedure

No comments:

Post a Comment